PGR Masterclass Business Basics
- Registering as Self Employed
- Sole trader/Partnership vs Limited Company (how much will you earn; Risk - Limited Liability/separate legal entity)
- VAT registration (limits) and flat rate scheme
- PAYE for yourself and for your employees
- Sole trader/Partnership (Income Tax) vs Limited Company (Corporation Tax) - in respect to Cash-flow, dividends and PAYE.
- Why? benefits of using such a system
- Benefits of management accounting
- Reacting to poor performance
- Which system to use? Sage vs XERO vs Quickbooks
- Do you know your breakeven and margin point?
- Cash flows - how long does it take for your customers to pay you?
- how long does it take for you to pay suppliers?
- PAYE payments
- VAT payments
- Capex expenditure
Biography - Suzie Arbuthnot
Suzie is a Economics and Management graduate from Queen’s University Belfast and has a Postgraduate Diploma in Event Management Public Relations from the Fitzwilliam Institute, Dublin.
Suzie has over 10 years of experience, she began her training in BDO in Belfast. After leaving BDO, Suzie entered into industry, with experience ranging from 3rd sector, freight forwarding and a private children’s service provider to a listed medical company.
Suzie took up the challenge of moving back into practice and driving a diverse client base in PGR Chartered Accountants as an Accounts and Business Advisory Manager.
Within PGR, Suzie specialises in setting up systems and processes for start-ups and growing businesses while also as managing all tax, administration, payroll and corporate finance for her own client base.
She also helps clients set up accounting systems such as Sage, Quickbooks and Xero and also trains them on the functionalities of these systems.