Power of 4 is a unique start-up programme run for women, by women. Offering intensive training, mentoring and peer support, Power of 4 can help you turn your dream of self-employment into a reality.
Applications for the current cohort of Power of 4 are now closed. Dates for the next programme are:
Tues. 17th April
Tues. 24th April
Tues. 1st May
Tues. 8th May
Venue: Youth Action, College Sq. North, Belfast city centre
Applications for the next cohort are welcome and will undergo an assessment process, including an informal interview.
Power of 4 is a free programme. Non-members can apply, but membership is mandatory should you be offered a place.
WHAT IS ON OFFER?
The Structure is as follows:
- 4 full days training, one per week for 4 weeks, each delivered by a specialist self-employed consultant/trainer, incorporating specialist speakers.
- 4 evening networking sessions facilitated with the support of 4 role model mentors, delivered one per month for 4 months.
- 4 x 1 to 1 mentoring sessions delivered by a business mentor at a time and place convenient to you, covering a wide range of topics – finance, marketing, personal barriers, action planning, product development.
Additional elements are:
- A Facebook private forum where everyone can discuss their business idea and build friendship and contacts
- Regular contact through email, phone, social media by the Project Coordinator
- Additional workshops considered dependent on need
- Action plans produced by each participant and supported where needed by their mentor
- A final celebration event with an opportunity for participants to pitch for a small bursary.
- An opportunity to meet and connect with the Power of 4 Alumni – the graduates of the previous programmes
WHO IS IT FOR?
It is for anyone who has an idea but has not started trading or is very early stage trading.
WHAT MAKES THE PROGRAMME UNIQUE
There are lots of good training programmes that cover all the important stuff about starting a business. We go a step further and give you a support network, that will last beyond the life of the programme. Support will come from within the group – you will all have skills, knowledge and contacts you can share. Support will also come from the trainers, mentors and Coordinator. And the added touch is our wonderful Role model mentors who will get you thinking about your business journey. Here is what participants on the last programmes said:
- I loved my 1 to 1 time with my mentor, I found this invaluable as it really helped get my head around financials. Made some great connections/contacts and friends as well.
- I can’t recommend Power of 4 enough. The network itself I have personally found to be one of the most profound aspects of the programme.
- I particularly liked the group mentor sessions and appreciated the opportunity to pitch at the end of the programme.
- I had lost confidence after being made redundant. The support and empathy received from the facilitators has been invaluable in helping set up.
- I am delighted with the contacts made through the Power of 4 programme and have taken energy from the success stories and journeys other ladies have experienced.
- I have been complemented, inspired, but most importantly challenged to think about how to progress a hobby into a successful career. The personal experience of the role model mentors has been the most valuable part of the course as these ladies have "walked the walk" and "talked the talk".
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the programme, please download the application form here, complete and return to email@example.com