Today's business environment has never been more challenging for women in leadership roles. Performing brilliantly at any level involves more than just technical expertise; it requires excellent leadership skills, commanding presence, and supreme confidence.
The Empowering Women in Leadership course facilitated by Una McSorley of Marcomm Training is designed to help you to be truly effective in business. The aim of this programme is to equip you with the tools, techniques and skills you need to build your leadership capacity at all levels.
This programme consists of 4 modules to enable you to understand behavioural styles for effective leadership, command the boardroom, lead through change and understand your personal brand, recognise emotions and judge your strengths and weaknesses.
Module 1: Understanding Behavioral Styles for Effective Leadership
Self-awareness: the ability to understand your own behavioral style, is a key factor in effective leadership. Great leadership starts with a person’s level of self-awareness - understanding your leadership style and recognising the impact this has on others.
In this interactive and thought-provoking module, Una will work with you to understand how you can best use your behavioral styles to improve your approach when leading your people.
- Understand the four behavioral styles and each style’s strengths and weaknesses
- Identify your own behavioral style and preferences
- Learn how to apply the understanding of behavioral styles to lead and manage others more effectively
- Learn how to adapt your approach to each team member’s individual style
Module 2: Presenting in the Boardroom
Presentations to the board or to management committees are among the most important communications that leaders may face in their professional life. And they are difficult interactions, particularly given they are presenting to an audience with varying levels of understanding of the core issues.
This module will give you the techniques, structures and confidence to deliver memorable, understandable and persuasive presentations at Board level.
You will learn to:
- Understand the critical concerns of board members
- Understand board dynamics
- Present information in a strategic context
- Sell your proposal at board level
Module 3: Leading through Change
Implementing change is one of the most challenging things a leader can do, and the key is to take people on the journey with you. Employees can become distracted, confused, angry, not to mention afraid for their jobs, all of which can result in lowered morale and decreased performance.
This module will help you understand the effects of change, and the practical ways that you can lead and manage your people through the change.
You will learn to:
- Understand the impact of change on you as the leader and develop methods to better manage your own feelings and behaviours
- Understand each stage of the transition curve and the behaviours associated with each one.
- Develop leadership strategies to move team members through the transition whilst maintaining performance.
- Create practical solutions to support the implementation of change.
Session 4: Leadership Presence
Outstanding performance is no longer enough if you want to progress your career. Image and visibility are now essential components of career success. You are a brand - and you need to know what your brand stands for.
In this highly interactive module you will explore how you would like to come across to others and find out how you actually come across. You will self-evaluate your emotional intelligence and get a clear understanding of how your emotions and behaviour affect your leadership style.
You will learn to:
- Understand how you come across to others (your brand)
- Judge our own strengths and limitations
- Recognise your emotions and how they impact on your behaviour.
- Understand how your emotions and behaviour affect your leadership style.
Module 1 - 11th November 9.30am - 12.30pm
Module 2 - 19th November 9.30am - 12.30pm
Module 3 - 25th November 9.30am - 12.30pm
Module 4 - 10th December 9.30am - 12.30pm
WIB Member Cost: £250 + VAT
Non Member Cost: £350 + VAT
BOOK YOUR PLACE HERE TODAY
**It is recommended to attend the whole programme however individual modules may be booked by WIB members for £80 + VAT (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for info)**
Programme Terms and Conditions
**NB it is recommended to attend the whole programme however indivdiual modules may be booked by WIB members for £80 + VAT per module**
To get more details or register your interest on the next programme please contact email@example.com or call 08456076041.