Women in Business is changing the narrative with a new professional development programme - Inclusive Leadership: The Power of Diversity, facilitated by Sandra Lee of Training and Learning Solutions Ltd
Increasing the diversity of leadership teams leads to more innovation and improved business performance. We all need to maintain a culture of collaboration, innovation and teamwork as the working world is being reshaped. We need a new approach, and it has to start with you.
The aim of this programme is to share how you build a diverse & inclusive culture in an increasingly globalised workplace - as the more diverse the workforce, the greater the need to be able to lead inclusively. We encourage male and female leaders to take part in this programme - all voices need to be heard at the table when it comes to diversity.
Module 1 – Changing the narrative around Diversity & Inclusion
Organisations and leaders need to change how they think about Diversity. In this module we’ll acknowledge the business case for Diversity & Inclusion by exploring the Why, the What and showing you the How.
- Understand the concept of Diversity & Inclusion
- Explore the drivers for change that necessitate a more diverse & inclusive culture
- Recognise the powerful business case for diversity
- Explore the mindset & future-oriented skill set required to lead inclusively
Module 2 – Being the Change
In this module we will ‘be the change’ by empowering ourselves through branding and exposure, build our reputation and make an impact by creating a more inclusive and inspiring future for all. We will do so by uncovering the micro behaviours & micro inequities that can ruin our reputation and that of our businesses.
- Learn how to leverage the PIE model to build your personal brand; Performance, Image & Exposure
- Defining micro-behaviours and micro-inequities and their workplace impact
- Lean into confronting these behaviours with awareness and reflection
- Avoid behaviours that make others feel excluded
Module 3 – Revealing Unconscious Bias
In this module we will provide a safe and empowering forum for delegates to connect through storytelling, shared personal stories, experiences and real world examples.
- Recognise the different types of bias that show up in the workplace
- Acknowledge our own unconscious bias and how to manage it
- Facilitate honest conversations & dialogue around personal experiences & appreciate different perspectives
- Take accountability, ownership & action.
Module 4 – Creating a Culture of Trust through Psychological Safety
In this module we will recognise that Psychological Safety is an enabler for team performance, innovation, learning & personal success. We will discuss workplace case scenarios and explore the impact that silence and playing it safe, has on business results.
- What is Psychological Safety & its impact on high performing teams?
- Talent alone is not enough; Psychological Safety is the ultimate competitive advantage
- Acknowledge the leadership behaviours that foster trust and build a more inclusive culture
- Advocate for a safer work environment free of fear
Virtual session - Wednesday 14th September Module 1 - 10am- 12pm
Virtual session - Wednesday 21st Septemer Module 2 - 10am - 12pm
Virtual session - Wednesday 28th September Module 3 - 10am - 12pm
Virtual session - Wednesday 12th October Module 4 - 10am - 12pm
WIB Member Cost: £250 + VAT
Non Member Cost: £350 + VAT
**It is recommended to attend the whole programme however individual modules may be booked by WIB members for £80 + VAT (contact email@example.com for info)**
Programme Terms and Conditions
**NB it is recommended to attend the whole programme however indivdiual modules may be booked by WIB members for £80 + VAT per module**
To get more details or register your interest on the next programme please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.