In celebration of the Northern Ireland Apprenticeships Week 2021, which runs from 26-30 April, Belfast Met will host a range of online activities for this annual celebration about all-things apprenticeships.
The virtual events will run from 26-30 April and will highlight opportunities that are available to people considering an 'earn as you learn’ apprenticeship route. The Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Awards will take place on the afternoon of Wednesday 28th April and will be compered by broadcaster Sarah Travers.
There will also be case studies and online resources from apprentices themselves who will give a deeper insight into the many benefits of taking part in an apprenticeship programme with Belfast Met.
Damian Duffy, Director of Development at Belfast Met, confirmed: “Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week and is a great opportunity for the College to showcase the successes of apprentices and employers that have chosen to work with. It will also give prospective apprentices and parents real life insights into apprenticeship pathway options.
“Belfast Met is delighted to have been shortlisted with one of its employer partners, international law firm Allen and Overy, for the Large Employer Award this year which is testament to the successful relationships that the College has developed with employers.”
Events at Belfast Met will include presentations, discussions and podcasts featuring apprentices, employers as well as staff from the College’s Centre for Skills and Apprenticeships. These resources can be accessed during Apprenticeship Week between Monday 26th - Friday 30th April from Belfast Met’s website. The line- up includes:
- Let’s Talk All Things Apprenticeships – The Apprenticeship Experience. Belfast Met is hosting a podcast with IT company, Texthelp and their course tutor from Belfast Met. Texthelp will share experiences of engaging with the ApprenticeshipsNI programmes in Business Administration and IT. The podcast is accessed from the College’s website from Monday 26 April 26 to Friday 30 April.
- Webinar on ‘What’s new at the Centre for Skills and Apprenticeships at Belfast Met - Business Services Pathways’ on Tuesday 27th April 2pm-3pm.This webinar will highlight what new apprenticeship pathways are available within the professional services sector. Meet the tutors and find out what is involved in undertaking an apprenticeship programme.
- Belfast Met podcast – Talk to an Employer. Our podcast with Allen and Overy will take place on Tuesday 27 April. This is an informal catch up with the HR team from Allen and Overy that will give an insight into how apprenticeships have worked for them, and the ethos on recruitment linked to apprenticeships. This podcast will be published on Belfast Met social media channels from 12 noon on Tuesday 27 April.
- Higher Level Apprenticeship in L5 Leadership in Children’s Care, Learning and Development. This session is led by Jill McWilliams who will provide an overview about this HLA in Childcare course on Thursday 29 April from 4.00 pm to 5.00 pm.
- Belfast Met podcast – Talk to an Apprentice. This podcast will air on Thursday 29 April on the College’s social media channels from 12 noon. It will include IT, Marketing, Finance, HR and Business Improvement for an informal catch up with a panel of apprentices at different stages of their apprenticeship journey. The podcast will be published on Belfast Met social media channels from 12 noon on 29th April.
Registration in advance is required for participants to attend the webinar on 27th April and the HLA presentation taking place on Thursday 29th April by going to our website at www. belfastmet.ac.uk/apprenticeships
More details about the Northern Ireland Apprenticeship Week 2021 events taking place across Northern Ireland are listed on the NI Direct website where you will find links to the Belfast Met events here